A Beer For Every OccasionOur passions : Food, beer, and having a great time. From down time to date night, the Putnam House Restaurant offers a wide selection of brews to suit a wide selection of taste buds. We offer a variety of lagers, ales, IPAs, ciders, and stouts. Come in to select from five classic tapped beers, five rotating seasonal brews, and a list of our bottles and cans. Our seasonal menu is always changing so that you can choose from both national and local favorites. Don’t forget to try our Award-Winning Wings and be sure to pick up a bottle of our Award-Winning Wing Sauce! Bring in the family or the boys, and crack open a cold one today.
A Piece Of History
The Putnam House Restaurant is located at 12 Depot Place in Bethel, Connecticut. The Putnam House building was built in 1852 as The Putnam House Hotel. The hotel, at the time, was owned by Frank A. Judd. Mr. Judd was a partner of J.B. & F.A Judd Hatters Co. Frank A. Judd's Office at the time was on Center Street, (which is now Greenwood Ave.) Frank was married to Sarah E. Conklin and was probably a member of the early Bethel family for whom Judd Avenue is named. The land on which the Putnam House was built belonged to Seth Seelye, the town's first selectman and prominent Bethelite whose home was donated by heirs to be used as the library.